Are you bored of staying home during quarantine orders? Or stressing out of mix-up situations in the world right now?
Playing dart games with your homies might be a good way to keep your attention somewhere else instead of the boredom and negativity. It can keep your head and senses motivated, and all the while relieve your stress.
An easy way to add a whole lot more fun and speed up your daring games is to keep score during the game. A dart scorer is simply the best way to achieve that.
There are plenty of optimal dart scoreboards out there for you to choose from, including the traditional chalkboard version of the dart scoreboard.
Check out our best dart scorer list to choose the right scorer for your game.
Table of Contents
Choosing the Best Type for You
First and foremost, let be clear that there are several types of dart scorers on the market right now. Each type has its own comfort points and disadvantages.
So, in short, no type is bad, no type is good. And the best dart scorer for you should be the one that you feel most comfortable working with.
- Whiteboard (Dry Erase Scoreboard)
- Digital Dart Scorer
- Dart Scoreboard Apps
Key Features to pick the Best Dart Scorer
Now that you have grasped what each type is about, it’s time to look a bit closer at the features to picking the right one.
Now, each product out there offers something of its own, and none of them is like the other. You might find some interesting, but some might hinder you.
Plus, cannot deny that these score tracking boards are handy, but like any other product, they do come with some downsides. That’s why these are some of the critical factors to consider when choosing your scorer:
- Number of players that the Scorer can track
- Easy to use
Things to Consider Before Purchasing
- Chalk scoreboards are inexpensive, super easy to use, and will help pump up your brain by counting the scores.
- It comes with different sizes, usually prominent and easy to see.
- You can use it for multipurpose and any games.
- Don’t be surprised at how plenty chasdust littering the board area. It’s even common that the chalkdust will end up frosting your hair and clothes.
- It can track scores of only 2 players.
- You’ll have to do calculations yourself.
- The chalk will be an extra investment if you want to use Chalkboard.
2. Whiteboard (Dry Erase Scoreboard)
Speaking of scoreboards, another option is the dry erase one, aka whiteboard.
These scoreboards are common types used among players at any level.
- Affordable and super easy to install.
- Different sizes available.
- It can get along with any dart games. And can be used for as long as you want to.
- Always in need of dry erase markers and erasers can cost you extra.
- The calculations have to be made in your head or have access to a calculator.
Even though the price of a Digital Dart Scorer could be double or triple the price of a chalkboard or whiteboard score tracker, it does bring a certain amount of convenience into your game.
- Automatically calculate scores.
- Keep scores for many players at once.
- Different game options are available.
- Auto shut-off inactivity.
- Long last batteries.
- It might show only the last score of players. Of course, previous scores can be recalled, but it is quite a process to go through.
- It usually comes with a small figure with no backlit of the LCD display.
4. Dart Scoreboard Apps
- Easily download the app on your smartphone.
- Automatically calculate scores.
- Save games and continue later options are available. How convenient!
- Not every app is free, some will cost anywhere from $1 to $5.
- It’s a big chance that everyone has the same app. If it happens, only one person should keep scores on his/her phone.
- The ads are just too much on some apps.
Some of the Best Dart Scorer
- Viper DigiScore Digital Dart Scorer
- Arachnid Touch Pad Dart Scorer
- Viper ProScore Digital Dart Scorer
- Viper Laser Throw/Toe Line Marker
- Viper 850 Electronic Dartboard
It is no doubt that keeping scores during the games always adds a little more thrill and excitement to the atmosphere.
But, having the highest scores is not the main purpose. The primary goal is for you to spend quality time with your loved ones and make the most precious moment of your day.
With this buying guide, we hope that you can find useful information. Enjoy your games!
Thank you for reading, and we’ll see you next time.